American Craft Beer Week! (May 16-22, 2016)
American Craft Beer Week is here again! Each May, independent craft brewers and beer fans unite to honor and enjoy this wonderful beverage and all it brings to our communities.
Breweries across the nation take part in the festivities, and we’re doing our part to ensure Southern Oregon’s Rogue Valley isn’t left out. To #MakeSmallBeerBig during the celebratory week, the Biggest Small Beer Ever Made was produced by brewers in all 50 states using the same ingredients and recipe. Our brewer, Larry Chase, took on the challenge to brew the porter-style recipe. Standing Stone’s version will be on tap and highlighted when Ashland City Council Chair Rich Rosenthal will read a Proclamation in support of the event, and we’ll tap the Biggest Small Beer Ever Made in honor of the occasion!
- Enjoy the Biggest Small Beer Ever Made (on tap from 5/17)
- Chef Javier Cruz has designed food specials to pair with various beers.
Daily Special Happenings
- Monday, May 16th, 7 PM -$10: Off Flavor Sensory Training Brewer Larry Chase will guide us through the world off off flavor compounds, why they occur and how they can be avoided. Perfect for the homebrewer! Get Tickets Here!
- Wednesday, May 18, 7:30 PM: Specialty beer tapping (the Biggest Small Beer Ever Made) and reading of ACBW Proclamation by Ashland City Council Chair, Rich Rosenthal
- Sunday, May 22, 3pm – $10: Brewery Led Tasting. Brewer Larry Chase will lead a class covering the basics of brewing and beer tasting 101.Get Tickets Here!
As we know, beer is much more than a simple libation. It’s the hub of conversation and community, as well as an economic engine that creates jobs, boosts allied supply and distribution industries, and supports communities. We’re proud to offer jobs to more than 50 employees in our extended family, support local food producers and suppliers, and give back to our community, thanks to customer support. We also love how each day gives us the the opportunity to engage with friends and neighbors, while getting to know new folks and providing hospitality to travelers.
We’re grateful and proud to be a part of this growing movement, and appreciate all those, near and far, who have helped it grow. Join us for American Craft Beer Week – it’s your party, too!
For more information on Standing Stone’s events visit our event calendar. If you’re not in the Rogue Valley and want to find events elsewhere, or if you’re looking for more information on American Craft Beer Week, see the ACBW website and calendar.