At Standing Stone, we work to operate our restaurant and brewery in way that protects and restores the environment, and supports the health and happiness of our community, guests and employees.
Your choice to dine at Standing Stone helps create a more sustainable, healthy community and planet by supporting renewable energy, waste reduction, pollution prevention, greenhouse gas reduction, resource conservation, good jobs, local food producers and the use of environmentally preferable products.
We continually look for ways to reduce our eco-footprint and meet our long-term goals of zero net energy use and zero waste. We’re also dedicated to enhancing our community and local economy, supporting causes that align with our values and making our business a great place to work.
Our efforts have received recognition, including the State of Oregon Sustainability Award, Oregon Business “100 Best Green Businesses” and Sustainable Business Oregon’s “Sustainable Business Innovation” award (Operations), as well as ongoing media. We’re honored and hope to inspire others while we continue to learn more and improve what we do.
- Food & Beverage Sustainability
- Workplace & Community Social Responsibility
- Sustainability Fact Sheet (pdf)
Articles on our sustainability practices
- Innovation in Sustainable Operations: Standing Stone Brewing Co., Sustainable Business Oregon
- Straight from the Ranch, Oregon Healthy Living
- Oregon Brewery’s Solution to Employee Engagement: Free Bikes, GreenBiz.com
- Solve the Energy Efficiency Equation, Beverage World
- Brewing Sustainability, Oregon Department of Energy Case Study (pdf)
- See our press page for more news