Sustaining Our Employees & Community
Our sustainability mission includes a strong focus on giving back to our employees and community. It’s important to us to ensure that Standing Stone is a great place to work since our team works so hard for our business and our guests.
Oregon Business has named us one of the “100 Best Green Businesses to Work For in Oregon” for the past several years. This is an honor we’re committed to building on!
We also support nonprofits that make our community a better place for everyone, especially those that are aligned with our mission and help where it’s most needed.
Here are a few highlights:
- Benefits: Standing Stone offers health insurance and 401k matching as part of our overall compensation package.
- Employee Development: We encourage employees to find ways to apply unique talents and interests that expand their roles, including responsibilities like managing our farm and rooftop garden, graphic design, sustainability coordination, language translation, flower arranging, creating window displays and chalkboards, and more.
- RPM Bike Commuting Program: To promote health and reduce fuel use and greenhouse gas emissions, we offer free, new bikes to employees who have worked here for 1,000 hours and agree to bike commute at least 45 times within a year of receiving their new wheels. Our friends and local cheese purveyors at the Rogue Creamery were inspired to establish a bike commuting program for their team, too.
- Financial Donations: Through our “Pints for a Purpose” program we offer a portion of proceeds from specialty beers to nonprofits that are aligned with our mission and selected by employees through a competitive application process. Recent beneficiaries include Rogue Valley Farm to School, AIFF, Mt Ashland’s Give a Kid a Lift and Peace House. By enjoying designated specialty beers during the program period, our guests help boost our donations and support great causes.
- In-kind Contributions: We provide in-kind donations and other support to groups such as THRIVE, KS Wild, Semilla Nueva and emergency relief efforts. To address critical needs, we’ve helped coordinate community donations for causes such as the Ashland Food Bank, blanket collections and holiday toy drives. We also take part in benefits such as THRIVE’s Rogue Flavor Dinner, Science Works’ Brews and Boogie, A Taste of Ashland and the JPR Wine Tasting, and offer our space for nonprofit fundraisers and meetings. See our eyents page for upcoming activities. To request a donation, please fill out our online form.
- Local Events: Our brewpub is involved in lots of Rogue Valley happenings, including the Ashland Culinary Festival, the Eat Local Challenge and A Taste of Ashland. We’ve sponsored the Mt. Ashland Hillclimb Run and the Siskiyou Challenge for several years. We also provide logistical and facilities support to the Rogue Valley Growers and Crafters Market’s Saturday Market in front of our brewpub.
- Welcoming Our Community: We hold events at our restaurant-brewery and farm to share festive times with friends and neighbors, including our annual “Pumpkins & Pints” pumpkin carving party, beer tastings, brewery tours, on-farm education and root beer making demonstrations. You’ll find live music regularly and brewery tours can always be arranged. Check out our calendar to join the fun.