Tapping Into Tours and Tastings for Zwickelmania 2013
Craft-beer enthusiasts, mark your calendars! Oregon’s annual Zwickelmania celebration is slated for Saturday, February 16th and independent breweries all around the state are honoring this holiday by offering tours, tastings, seminars and more. At Standing Stone, we’ll host brewery tours twice during the afternoon, followed by a sampling of three SSBC beers. Our brewer, Larry Chase, will also present a free class titled “How Do You Get That Flavor in Beer? An Ingredient & Beer Tasting.” All are welcome to join and everything is free!
Zwickelmania is presented by the Oregon Brewers Guild, our state’s resource for promoting the well-being of the brewing industry. We’ve been members for years and value its collection of information and support for all things Oregon beer!
A bit of background: The name Zwickelmania comes from a valve on brewing equipment called a zwickel. This sample port is mounted on the outside of the brewing tanks and allows beer-makers to sample their brews for taste and quality control.
For a list of all the 70+ participating Oregon breweries, visit the Oregon Brewers Guild’s Zwickelmania website. If you’d like to make a whole day of celebrating in Southern Oregon, check out the local breweries offering extras for the day:
- Standing Stone Brewing Co in Ashland, OR – Brewery tours and tastings at 12pm and 1pm. Free class on Beer Ingredients and Flavor at 3pm.
- Caldera Brewing in Ashland, OR – Brewery tours, beer tastings, cases for sale and Parking Lot Sale.
- Southern Oregon Brewing in Medford, OR – Brewery tour at 4pm and Happy Hour at 7pm.
- Apocalypse Brewing in Medford, OR – Brewery tours and brewing demonstrations.
- BricktownE Brewing in Medford, OR – $2 chicken tacos and debut of Runaway Train, an Indian Red Ale.
Zwickelmania promotes the relationship between beer drinkers and the craft brewers who make their beloved beverages, and inspires lots of beer sampling, of course. We encourage you to do just that (responsibly, those of you 21 and over) and join us for learning, touring and tasting in celebration of the 5th Annual Zwickelmania.