What will you do to celebrate Earth Day today?
Taking positive action is the best way to observe the occasion, and it’s necessary to get all hands on deck to help our planet. There are lots of ways to do this, such as carrying out or helping with a volunteer project, making lifestyle changes, initiating better practices at work, learning, educating others….and more.
Need some ideas? Here’s a few to get you going.
- Volunteer: There are tons of local and national organizations continually looking for volunteers to help them people events and stations to get the word out better. Google or grab your local yellow pages for groups to assist.
- Start a compost: Standing Stone composts all pre-consumer food waste. It’s easy, simple, and no – it doesn’t stink when it’s done properly.
- Refuse and reduce first: Cutting down on unnecessary things is the first step. The critical thinking about how we as consumers affect the upstream is the beginning. Yes, still recycle – just remember it’s at the end of the equation, not the beginning.
- Walk, bike, skateboard, inline skate or use a foot powered scooter to get to where you are going. Budget a bit more time and we all benefit – the least of which will be your body.
- Look at what you eat: Purchase food and beverages responsibly. Ask where the stuffs come from. If the purveyor knows, have confidence. If they do not, ask more questions or shop where they know. Transparency is important.
- Donate money to causes that are truly making strides towards an improved environment.
This just scratches the surface of what you can do. Every day.
Make Earth Day Every Day – we’ll celebrate with you.