Pints for a Purpose: Call for 2012-2013 Applications
We’ve just completed the final round for our first year of Pints for a Purpose, our brewery’s latest version of our long-standing beer sales donation program. Now, we’re getting geared up for our next round spanning Fall 2012- Spring 2013, and accepting applications now through August 31st.
We’re happy to announce we’ve raised $1500 for local non-profits since the program began! Through this endeavor, we’ve donated a portion of specialty beer sales to five organizations in the Rogue Valley:
- Mt. Ashland Give a Kid a Lift – seeking to give the opportunity for all kids to learn to ski or snowboard regardless of economic or physical challenges.
- Ashland Independent Film Festival – focusing on presenting and growing independent film through an annual film festival, as well as cultural and educational events held throughout the year.
- Rogue Valley Farm to School – educating children about our food system through hands-on farm and garden programs, and by increasing local foods in school meals.
- Peace House – promoting non violence, public advocacy and civil action.
- Bee Girl – preserving honeybees, beekeepers, and food resources by providing outreach, education, support, and mentorship for beekeepers and communities.
This year we hope to welcome many more non-profits in Southern Oregon to be a part of Pints for a Purpose at Standing Stone. To qualify, we look for organizations with missions that align with our own, including enhancing environmental sustainability, supporting local food, providing education and involving our community.
To apply, non-profit groups should fill out our form online on our Donations page. Guidelines for recipients are as follows:
- Recipients must be a registered 501c3 nonprofit
- The nonprofit’s work must align with our mission to enhance environmental sustainability, local food, education and/or community.
- Recipients must be locally based and benefit our community
- We will not choose the same organization two years in a row to ensure we can benefit a wider range of relevant, worthy causes. Please apply only if you haven’t received funding from this program in the past year.
- Recipients must be able and willing to promote the program and attend the kickoff to support their fundraising success.
With Pints for a Purpose, chosen nonprofits get 25 cents for every pint sold for three weeks. We also hold kickoff parties at our restaurant and brewery where we offer the opportunity for the organization to receive up to $1 per pint if over 50 pints are sold.
Here’s a little background on how it all began: All of our donation recipients applied last summer after we unveiled this refreshed twist on our previous donation program. After the applications were in, our staff of over 60 employees voted from the list for each round’s benefitting organization.
Thank you to all our recipients so far who have shown the energy and enthusiasm to make this program a success in its first year! And thank you to all our guests who have supported Pints for a Purpose through enjoying a pint of our specialty brews. Keep an eye out for our next round of benefiting beer coming soon, and join us in celebrating the great efforts of community organizations in our area.